Blogging. Many people don’t realise how amazing writing a blog is when it comes to marketing your business, but it really is the key to opening a treasure box. A blog can instantly drive traffic to your site, this is because you’re able to share the blog onto a variety of social media platforms, therefore reaching a mass amount of people. In addition to this, writing a blog can also increase your search engine optimisation (SEO), this way you can add relevant keywords into your blogs with a hyperlink back to your site. Also by posting numerous blog posts each month about your business and what you do is great for brand awareness and actually can help bring sales in and develop relationships with customers.
Now you know a bit more about why writing blogs is so important to marketing your business, it is now time to learn to write a blog. Here are some tips to help you along the way:
- First things first you need to know exactly what you’re talking about, and this means you need someone whom is knowledgeable to write your blogs. Not only this but by getting a variety of people to write your blogs is advisable
- Blogging is all about writing to your target audience, so one of our key tips would be to get ideas from your target audience and write for them. You shouldn’t just focus on ideas to write about from your audience, but you should focus on understanding your audience and what they like. This is because if you can blog about something which intrigues them, there is more chance of them engaging with the blog and them even sharing it on their social platforms for more people to see
- When you write blogs for your business I don’t mean you should write about your services or products and promote yourself, because blogging isn’t all about that. It is about giving something back to your audience and raising brand awareness. Therefore, what we advise you to do is give free information away, for example if you’re a beauty company, you could perhaps write about beauty tips for your customers and what brands are the best etc.
- A few blogs here and there isn’t going to get you far. That is why we always advise for people to be consistent in what they do and what they write. A good way to keep on top of your blogging and make sure that you’re hitting all the marketing needs is to write two blogs a week. And add variety in your blogs!
- Be true to yourself and what you write, this is because many people can know instantly by how people write whether they mean what they’re saying or not. Because after all if you’re not happy with what you’re writing about, the readers likely won’t be either
- No good blog takes half an hour to write. So take time writing the best blog you possibly can, don’t give yourself a time limit and research thoroughly before writing anything
These are only some of the tips and best practices available when it comes to blogging too. If you want to ensure that you are putting out the best, most informative and engaging blog posts possible but either do not have the time or don’t know where to start, do not worry. Here at Ranking solutions we can help you. To discover further information regarding our content marketing services pick up the phone and call our team on 01282 452096 today.